Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Scream, You Scream, We ALL Scream for......ICE CREAM!



The summer days are starting to heat up around here! The sun is hot, the air is humid. Who DOESN'T think about a nice refreshing ice cream cone every now and again to help cool off!

I made these cards after having seen a tutorial here: Scallop Punch Ice Cream

I think they turned out rather cute, myself. I used some scallop oval punched cardstock that I had around the craft room for the ice cream. It's nice because you can get 2 scoops out of one scallop!

I ran a marker over the edges of the ice cream to add a little more color. The cones were scored to create the waffle look.

Give it a try and link to your creations in the comment section!

10 comments:

Ginny said...

yummmm, cept it's bl**dy winter here and FREEZING...lol

fab card chick :0)

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

so cute! great treat for a hot day!

mollymoo951 said...

Quote: "It's nice because you can get 2 scoops out of one scallop!"

LOL. Priceless. I gotta try this.

These are adorable. Make mine all Baskin Robbins Peanut Butter & Chocolate ice cream! Please!

Kim said...

This is so so cute! I love the waffle cones they look so real!

kim said...

This is so so cute! I love the waffle cones they look so real!

kim said...

sorry for the duplicate comment, not sure what I did, I thinks that means I liked your double:).

Gloria Dojlido said...

Yummy cards! The look so refreshing!

Sue said...

Totally cute! I'm just dropping in to say hi and thanks for stopping by my blog periodically and I'm so sorry it took me so long to visit yours! Fun stuff abounds! I've added you to my blog subscriptions so I can stay on top of things a little better... Have a great weekend!

Amy Johnson said...

Yummy looking card! It makes me want to eat it! LOL! Just love the concept of making shapes with punches and paper.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

How fun - love these colors! Great job on your cones!