Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Shabby Chicks Nature Challenge


I made this card for today's sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers and also for the Shabby Chicks Blog Challenge - Nature. Check out some of the other Shabby Chicks Blogs for more inspiration.

I love this set from Stampin' Up!, Lovely As A Tree. The images are very fun to work with and are very versatile.

The trees are stamped in Classic Brown then the grass and sky are sponged with (from bottom to top) Sage Shadow, Crushed Curry, Creamy Caramel, and Bordering Blue.

Cardstock colors include: More Mustard, Soft Suede, Sage Shadow and Whisper White.

I hope you like what I've done. Now, go create!

After having looked again at the 1st card, I realized it needed something more for a focus, so I added this image from Autumn Days.

Let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Gloria Dojlido said...

Just GORGEOUS! I could never tire of seeing this set, yet I don't even own them. Go Figure! I love the addition of the pheasant.

Kim said...

WOW, I loved the first version and then the addition of the bird was even more fabulous! I love that tree set but havn't gotten around to getting it yet. The leaf background is such a clever and creative touch!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Love this set and what you did with it!! Like Kim I enjoyed your first card but the addition of the bird is wonderful!!

Peggy said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors you used and the addition of the bird made it perfect!!

Crystal said...

WOW this is wonderful....the bird is sooo cool both cards are GREAT!!

Amy Johnson said...

Fabulous card! I have yet to do either one of these challenges because I've been so busy with work. I really love the card so much more when you added the pheasant image. What a great idea!

Sue C said...

Hi Karen! Thanks so much for posting these! I was just going through my stamp index earlier today, and this is a set I've been pondering different uses for... I love how you've used some of the foliage as backgrounds for your layers behind the trees - beautiful!