Sunday, July 19, 2009

Have a Razzle Dazzle 16th Birthday!

My daughter is turning 16 tomorrow!

I made this card for her to celebrate. I thought it looked like a great girl teenager type card.

The base of the card is Melon Mambo which has been embossed with the Texurz plate using the Big Shot.

The "cake" is made from Rich Razzleberry card stock stamped in Whisper White using the Razzle Dazzle stamp set from SU. I then sprinkled it with Dazzling Diamonds and heat set it. (Yes, there's glitter all over my dining room!) A piece of Melon Mambo polka dot ribbon is attached to brighten it up.

I then attached a small piece of Razzleberry Lemonade at the base and used the Round Tab punch to create the base.

The sentiment was stamped and punched with the Round Tab punch with layers of 2 add'l Round Tabs and a layer of a scalloped circle attached.

I love how this card turned out and I hope my daughter will too.

8 comments:

Gloria Dojlido said...

So pretty. Love these colours. I really liked the embossed background too!

Deb said...

I really enjoy visiting your blog and left something on my blog for you here.

Kim said...

OMgoodness this is so cool! Love your cake and the new colors are so wonderful!

Peggy said...

What a pretty card!! Love your cake!

Jamie Pyles said...

Love the cake on a pedestal!! Great idea!

Amy Johnson said...

This is so pretty! I especially love how you did the cake. I hope your daughter had a happy birthday. My daughter turns 21 tomorrow!

Judy Rozema said...

Karen, what a pretty card! I love that new color! Hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday!

mollymoo951 said...

Awesome, creative punch-work!