Wednesday, October 14, 2009

2 Challenges - 1 Great Card for 1 Great Daughter!


I made this card for my daughter. There is a concert tomorrow night at school. It's called LHS Live and it is the 2nd year that this concert has been done. It features the jazz band, swing choir and other smaller groups. My daughter is a part of the swing choir and is also being very brave and singing a solo as well. I thought I needed to give her some encouragement and a thumbs up by making a special card just for her.

I purchased this stamp set about a year ago and haven't taken the time to use it yet. I'm sure glad I pulled it out for this card. It fits perfectly since our family LOVES music! The set is My Heart from Close to My Heart.


This card also fits into the Sketch Challenge and the Technique Challenge for this week on SplitCoastStampers.

The card is a regular 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" size, but is mounted so that it will stand up like an easel. I sure hope she likes it.

Recipe:
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Night of Navy, Whisper White, SU DSP Tea Party
Ink: Night of Navy, Melon Mambo
Stamp set: CTMH My Heart
Other elements: Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls embossing folder, Melon Mambo ribbon, SU large oval punch and scallop punch
The images on the front as well as the sentiment inside the card are mounted with dimensionals to pull them off the page just a little bit.

3 comments:

Gloria Dojlido said...

What a beautiful card. I love the images you used!

Peggy said...

Very pretty card! Love the black images against the pretty pink and white. Sets them off perfectly!

Nishant said...

I love the images you used!
indian classified site